January 26, 2012

How to Talk in Indonesian (2)

Holaaaa! I'm back ^^ this time I want to publish some dialogues in Indonesian. You need to practice too, right? So it will be better if you not only learn about the vocabulary but also the grammar.

*Example 1 : In the family

Key words =

1. Father : ayah, bapak
2. Mother : ibu, bunda
3. grandfather : kakek
4. grandmother : nenek
5. daughter : anak perempuan
6. son : anak laki-laki
7. cousin : sepupu
8. niece : keponakan perempuan
9. nephew : keponakan laki-laki
10. aunt : tante
11. uncle : paman, oom
12. boy : laki-laki (child)
13. girl : perempuan (child)
14. man : laki-laki (adult)
15. woman : perempuan (adult)

(+)  in Indonesian there's no different if you talk about/ to girl/boy. For the example you have one brother and one sister who are older than you. You might say "saya memiliki satu kakak laki-laki, dan satu kakak perempuan" <I have one older brother and one older sister> but it's okay for you to only say "Saya memiliki dua orang kakak" <--- no explain about gender. The other example is: if you're  a parent. You have a son. then you say "saya memiliki satu anak laki-laki" <I have one son>. But it's fine if you say "saya memiliki anak" <--- also has no explain about gender.

Example of dialogue about family :
Rena : "Halo, Ezra. Ada apa? Kau tampak gembira." <Hi, Ezra. What's happened? You seem so happy>
Ezra : "Hi, Ren... tentu saja aku gembira. Kakakku akan datang ke Jakarta besok." <Hi, Ren... of course I'm happy. My brother will come to Jakarta tomorrow>
Rena : "Senang mendengarnya! Oh iya, bagaimana dengan ayah dan ibumu? Apakah mereka sudah tau?" <Happy to heard that! Btw, how about your father and mother? Have they known about it?>
Ezra : "Tidak tau pasti tetapi aku akan memberitahu mereka secepatnya." <I don't know exactly but I'll tell them as soon as I can>.
Rena : "Ezra, aku titip salam untuk kakakmu, ya. Katakan padanya untuk datang ke rumahku juga kalau dia ada waktu. Kakakku sangat rindu padanya." <Ezra, I send a warm wishes for your brother. Tell him to come to my home if he have an extra time. My sister also miss him too.>
Ezra : "Oke, Ren..." <Okay, Ren...>
***

maybe that's all for today. I hope you enjoy it ^^

2 comments:

  1. Awww this is so sweet. You teach people how to speak our native language! You go girl! :D

    CROP.CRIP.CROP

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment ^^ yeah I'm trying to make it "Go International" :)

    ReplyDelete